Rusted Root will headline the season for Lake Placid’s free outdoor music series Song at Mirror Lake.
The lineup this year celebrates the series’ 10th season by bringing back some of the best acts that have played over the last 10 years.
When Rusted Root last played the series in 2013, more than 1,000 people crowded into the tiny park on Lake Placid’s Main Street to dance to the ’90s alternative band with jam elements and world beats.
Other successful acts including Amy Helm, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Lukas Nelson & POTR will also be back.
The free shows run every Tuesday night from the end of June through the middle of August. The shows are played in Mid’s Park, a small park in the middle of the Adirondack village that edges on Mirror Lake. Attendees can dance in the park or paddle over in a boat (or on a dock) and catch the show from the water.
The full lineup:
- Tuesday, June 30: Americana Night with Amy Helm (2013)
- Tuesday, July 7: World Rock Night with Rusted Root (2013)
- Tuesday, July 14: Celtic Night with Jubilee Riots (formerly Enter The Haggis) (2008)
- Tuesday, July 21: New Orleans Night with The Dirty Dozen Brass Band (2007)
- Tuesday, July 28: American Rock Night with Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R. (2013)
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: Rockin’ Roots Night with Back Porch Society
(formerly Roadside Mystic)(2011)
- Tuesday, Aug. 11: Blues Night with Quinn Sullivan (2014)