The Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie has temporarily closed its doors, but the music is still coming. Their “Albums Revisited” streaming series will resume on Sunday, August 30 at 8:00 p.m., with a tribute to Bob Dylan’s Highway 61 Revisited. Known as Dylan’s first true rock album, the tribute falls on Highway 61’s 55th anniversary. To celebrate the occasion, Bardavon’s Production Manager Stephen LaMarca has curated a setlist of artists to perform each of its nine songs. While the event will be broadcast on Bardavon Presents’ YouTube for free, they’re accepting donations for People’s Place in Kingston and Dutchess Outreach in Poughkeepsie.
The full list of performances includes:
- “Like a Rolling Stone” – Jack DeJohnette & John Medeski
- “Tombstone Blues” – The Weight Band
- “It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry” – Jimmy Vivino, Rich Pagano & John Sebastian
- “From a Buick 6” – Guy Davis
- “Ballad of a Thin Man” – Steve Earle
- “Queen Jane Approximately” – Lucinda Williams
- “Highway 61 Revisited” – Kate Pierson w/ The Restless Age
- “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues” – Happy Traum w/ special guests
- “Desolation Row” – Simone Felice
- “Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window” – Laura Stevenson
The event will also feature commentary from Bardavon’s Executive Director Chris Silva, as well as others.
Bardavon Presents’ next “Albums Revisited” installment is at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 1, where they’ll celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead’s American Beauty. They’ll also be streaming a Hudson Valley Philharmonic virtual concert hall at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 26, as well as a live DJ set at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 8.
For more information regarding this stream and future shows, go to Bardavon’s website.