The free summer concert announcements are keeping music fans in Buffalo excited. The city’s popular and free Canalside series announced its Thursday night concert series this week. Canalside is hosting 12 concerts starting June 9 and running through August 25, 2016.
This year’s lineup includes a variety of acts that span over a wide variety of musical genres. The Buffalo Philaharmonic Orchestra will take the stage once again in “A Tribute to David Bowie.” Other highlights of the lineup include Public Enemy, Zappa Plays Zappa, and Claypool Lennon Delirium.
Canalside‘s weekly events will include a variety of food trucks and vendors. All of the concerts are free and open to the public, and all start at 6 p.m. VIP packages are available.
Event organizers will be offering local area musicians the chance to open this summer’s concerts through a Battle of the Band contest held in conjunction with local arts magazine The Public.
Canalside Thursday concert series lineup:
- June 9: Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaries
- June 16: Frank Turner with special guest July Talk
- June 23: Public Enemy
- June 30: Frankie Ballard
- July 7: Dweezil Zappa Plays Frank Zappa
- July 14: Shakey Graves and Preservation Hall Jazz Band & Wild Child
- July 21: The Arcs and Mariachi Flor De Toloache
- July 28: BPO “A Tribute to David Bowie”
- August 4: Tritonal
- August 11: Lowest of the Low and Serena Ryder
- August 18: Coolio
- August 25: Claypool Lennon Delirium