Brooklyn, NY based Yarn stopped by Albany’s Parish Public House on Thursday, March 16, and played to an excited “home” crowd. Yarn boasts not one, but two capital region members. Band leader Blake Christiana is from Schenectady, NY and Trevor MacArthur on vocals and guitar is from Clifton Park, NY. The crowd was excited to hear many of the songs from their 2016 release This is the Year, as well as old favorites. They closed out the evening with Jim Croce’s “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown,” leaving the stage to join the crowd for very well received last song.
About James Sullivan
James Sullivan is a Teacher and Photographer from Altamont, NY. He has been photographing concerts and portraits since 2014 in the Albany and Hudson Valley region. A lifelong fan of music, James was practically born listening to live music on the Jersey shore. He loves the fact that his kids' favorite songs include the Grateful Dead, Phish, and the Avett Brothers.
- February 27, 2017Show Preview: The Rest in Space Tour
- July 25, 2016Photo Gallery: Bloc Party w/ Titanics at Albany’s Alive at Five
- June 28, 2016Fitz & The Tantrums Dance the Night Away
- February 13, 2014Yarn and The Brummy Brothers to Perform at Red Square on Valentine’s Day
- February 25, 2016Gang of Thieves Hits the Hollow, Funk ‘N Waffles
- September 12, 2016Vulfpeck and Friends Celebrate a Funky Friday at Brooklyn Bowl