This Memorial Day Weekend, Boston Calling Music Festival returns to the Harvard Athletic Complex for its tenth installment, bringing one of the most diverse lineups to the 2019 festival season.
Boston Calling’s goal is to attract all music fans with a lineup that spans most music genres. This allows fans to experience that surprise element of music festivals where you discover music that you would have never listened to otherwise. Just about every headliner of this year’s festival was playing a smaller stage or an earlier time slot in the years before.
Here are the Top 5 things we are most excited about at this year’s Boston Calling Music Festival
- Tame Impala’s Saturday Headlining Set: They played the festival in 2015, one of the last shows they played in the Boston area. After their standout Coachella set a few weeks earlier the hype is really high on this returning performance.
- The Arena: Boston Calling’s most intimate performance space, limited to only 1,000 people, will continue to play host to comedy acts throughout the weekend, but for the first time in 2019 will add intimate music performances along with DJ sets throughout the night.
- Travis Scott: One of the biggest hip-hop artists, his live show is electric and blew the roof off of TD Garden back in December. So the hype is real to see what he will bring to an outdoor festival experience.
- The Boston Ballet: Saturday and Sunday will feature the first ever appearance of the Boston Ballet at Boston Calling Music Festival.
- The Experience: More than 50 bands, 3 outdoor stages, the best food in Boston, 100 foot ferris wheel, art installations, and the beautiful grounds of the Harvard Athletic Complex.
3-day Passes and single day passed are still available here. https://bostoncalling.com