Medeski, Martin and Wood will join moe. Jamaica for their 2016 Tropical Throe.down. Both MMW and moe. will play three shows over the four days between Jan. 10 and 14, 2016.
People who attended this year’s Throe.down, held in January, will be allowed to book starting at 10 a.m. Monday, May 18. The general on-sale will start at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 20.
There are 210 rooms and 15 junior suite available for booking at the adult-only Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa. Prices range from $1,699 to $2,499 per person for a double booking, and an extra night before or after the fest range from $220 to $360, depending on the type of room you book. Monthly payment plans are available. A deposit of $1,000 per room or $500 per person is due at booking.
The price includes:
- Luxurious accommodations from guest rooms to butler-service suites
- All meals and snacks at 6 restaurants from Jerk Chicken to Gourmet Dining
- Unlimited Premium Drinks at 6 bars
- Daily Activities and Entertainment
- Enhanced water sports activities center featuring scuba diving, sunset cruises, glass-bottom boat tours, reef snorkeling excursions, Hobie Cat and non-motorized water sports
- Complimentary green fees at the 18-hole championship Runaway Bay Golf Club
- Complimentary WIFI resort-wide
- Weekly Dive-in Movies
- Fitness Center training and a variety of classes
- A Paracourse (Fit Trail®) that spans the entire property with strategically placed workout stations
- Airport Transfers from Montego Bay Sangster International Airport
- Golf tournament with moe. band members. Extra cost for carts, caddies and club rentals.
The first 200 people to book will also get a bonus acoustic show at a special location away from the resort. This year, the band held an acoustic set at Rick’s Cafe in Negril. The 2016 resort is in a different town, though, so it would be unlikely for the band to return to Rick’s.
The band announced that they would hold the festival two weeks ago, promising more information soon.