Live Bait Vol. 12 is a ten track collection of treasured Phish tracks released to help phans survive the building anticipation before Summer Tour 2016, which kicked off Thursday at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. It is a tradition that archivist Kevin Shapiro has kept going for years, each one featuring tracks from the cities that the group will hit on its tour.
This year’s edition has an especially notable, almost 30 minute long, “Mike’s Song> Simple> Mike’s Song> Tela> Weekapaug Groove” from Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium in Syracuse on Nov. 4, 1994; as well as, “Piper>Gotta Jibboo” from SPAC on June 19, 2004, which is a little over 40 minutes long. In fact, every track is in the double digits in length on this volume.
With the exception of “Mercury” (2015), which was recorded by Jon Altschiller, the other nine tracks were recorded by Paul Languedoc.
Phish is doing a three-night run at the SPAC this summer starting on July 1, and will later hit Syracuse on July 10 at the Lakeview Amphitheater.
Phish Live Bait Vol. 12
- Reba (1995-10-25 Civic Center Arena – St. Paul, MN)
- Split Open And Melt (1997-08-10 Deer Creek Music Center – Noblesville, IN)
- Piper > Gotta Jibboo (2004-06-19 Saratoga Performing Arts Center – Saratoga Springs, NY)
- Stash (1993-07-24 Great Woods Performing Arts Center – Mansfield, MA)
- Ghost (2000-07-01 Meadows Music Theatre – Hartford, CT)
- Mike’s Song > Simple > Mike’s Song > Tela > Weekapaug Groove (1994-11-04 Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium – Syracuse, NY)
- Foam (1997-08-03 Gorge Amphitheatre – George, WA)
- Bathtub Gin (2003-02-14 Great Western Forum – Inglewood, CA)
- Tweezer (1999-09-18 Coors Amphitheatre – Chula Vista, CA)
- Mercury (2015-09-05 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO)