Having toured heavily this winter but not on their home turf, Formula 5 packed in their biggest crowd to date for a regular headlining show at Putnam Den. Mixing in covers by Warren Zevon and Rage Against the Machine with a great list of originals, they had the crowd going strong until past 2 AM. Opening the evening were New Paltz’s own The Other Brothers and Albany’s Capital Zen. Each played one hour worth of material and got the crowd grooving in Saratoga on a Saturday night. Formula 5 will next be at Stella Blues in New Haven on Saturday, March 28 and Brooklyn Bowl Sunday March 29 followed by their live album release show at The Hollow on April 18.
About Bryan Lasky
Bryan Lasky is an Albany based photographer and writer. He has taught in China, traveled the world, and drove across the United States. Everything always comes back to music though, as he loves seeing live shows and hearing new music come out, as he has since being a young boy. He has been slowly rising in the community as a go to when photos are needed. In the past couple of years he has covered many genres and has taken photographs of Outkast, Jack White, Wild Adriatic, and Nas among others. He has also taken photographs at many festivals including Grand Point North, Bonnaroo, Boston Calling, and Governors Ball. He hopes to continue doing what he loves well into the future and beyond.
- April 19, 2017Formula 5 Gets By with a Little Help From Their Friends During ‘All Points North’ Album Release Party
- July 30, 2015Pink Talking Fish Fall Tour To Cover Several NY Markets.
- October 28, 2015It’s an Upstate Halloween Throwdown at Putnam Den with Formula 5, Lucid and Mister F
- October 21, 2014Aqueous and Formula 5 join forces for Saturday Night fun in Saratoga
- November 25, 2013Thanksgiving Eve in Upstate New York: Where the Party at?
- November 4, 2015Halloween Dance Party with Formula 5, Mister F, and Lucid at Putnam Den